I learned the Balance Method developed by Dr Tan. I studied from Dr. Tan as I wanted to understand different aspects of his style of work. However, I understood that the origin of the Balance Method belongs to Dr Chao Chen and decided to I investigated the roots of I Ching acupuncture and Bagua approach. After my investigation, I understand that the I Ching acupuncture or, the Balance Method, is truly and most effective therapy. Though each person has their own style of work, in my opinion, learning the Balance method would greatly develop anybody’s skills in acupuncture. I deeply appreciate the enormous impact that both master Dr. Chao Chen and Dr. Tan have had on me and my acupuncture knowledge base.
After practicing meridian based therapies for nearly 20 years and teaching acupuncture based on principles of Bagua, I created the online Balance Method course available for everyone. The Balance Method in my opinion, is an absolutely great approach to treating pains and Zang-fu disorders and I believe that such information should be easily accessible for every practitioner.
The benefits of this online course are:
- Short videos with easy-to-digest content and quizzes lead to higher level of understanding;
- Videos with precise point locations;
- Watch the video lessons as many times as you want, improving and refining your skills;
- Combination of lecture and written material, including my recently published book ‘Acupuncture Balance Method: instant pain relief’ translated into English;
- Self-testing after every lecture;
- Highly cost effective and reduces travel.
The course will cover three main subjects:
- The Local Balance, where you will learn a clear strategy on how to treat ANY neuropathic pain, including numbness, burning or stiffness within a single session using Acupuncture;
- The Global Balance, where you will learn how to treat Zang-Fu systemic diseases: respiratory, digestive, circulatory, urinogenital, allergic and other functional disorders;
- The Advance approach to the Balance method, where you will learn the advance Bagua approach to the Balance Method: Meridian conversion, 12 Magic Points of Dr Tan, Seasonal Balance and the Five Elements strategy.
If you are unsure and want to see how you feel about enrolling, sign up for our FREE LECTURE on how to treat Lower Back Pain using the Balance Method. Here you will get a feel for the style of our courses and whether it is something that genuinely fascinates you.
What is the Balance Method?
The Balance Method is an incredibly effective approach that quickly creates results. This is a transformational treatment that holds 95% success rate in my clinic with numerous patients, creating as much as a 50% reduction in pain within one treatment.
Without a doubt, to keep the pain relief consistent, a course of treatment is required.
The Balance Method is different because instead of it being practiced once a week, it is completed 2-3 times a week and with much greater intensity. The reason for this is that the desired pain relief arrives at a more rapid pace, being within weeks rather than numerous months.
This method never places needles directly into areas of discomfort or pain. For example, shoulder pain may be alleviated in the hips or within particular areas of the ankle, rather than the shoulder. Within minutes the pain can subside and the aggravated area has less chance of causing discomfort. It’s similar to switching on a light bulb. The switch is far away from the bulb, maybe in the corner of the room or even on the ceiling. Once the switch is on, it creates a flow of electricity towards the light bulb. In a similar fashion, having needles placed into the hip can stimulate the flow of energy to the shoulder. To know which areas of the body should be chosen, a holographic system is used (similar to reflexology).
Born in Taiwan, Dr. Tan was a master of Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Philosophy, Martial arts and held a Masters degree in Systems Engineering. His contribution to acupuncture is incredible. In combination with Dr. Chao Chen, who created the foundation for the Balance Method through his research of classical Chinese texts, Dr. Tan popularised and brought the Balance Method to the world. Dr. Tan emphasised that Chinese acupuncture should give instant results, hence he enormously contributed to a method that does just that.
The method is a combination of the intense study of ancient Chinese literature, experiential acupuncture practice and modern scientific analysis. Dr. Tan had committed more that 25 years of teaching his method all over the world. He lived in San Diego USA, where he treated over 120 patients every seven days.
It deeply saddens to announce the passing of Dr. Richard Teh-Fu Tan. Dr. Tan touched the lives of countless people in immeasurable ways.
Dr. Tan’s wish is that the Balance Method lives on well beyond his death.